Nothing but a Human - poetry

courtesy - Pinterest 

I could be as fair and pastel as white,

Or I could be darker than the darkest black,

I could be of any tint and tone in between,

Even so under the same sky I lie, feeling the wind similarly against my skin


I could weigh just perfect, 

Or I could be looking like the models on the coverpage of a fashion magazine, 

I could be skinny, obese, or simply anorexic,

I could be your idol, or a subject for you to brutalize,

But when I look in the mirror, 

I see the most beautiful person in the world


I could be preaching seven different gods,

Or I could be an atheist, 

I could follow my own norms or consider whichever ethics,

I could be someone believing simply in the energy


I could be minted and filthy rich, 

I could even starve for a meal,

And when the nights are cold or even humid, 

Just like everyone else I dream, dream of achieving my dreams


I could be straight, gay, bisexual, transgender, 

I could be of any sexuality,

Convivialy, I could love anyone with my whole heart,

Despite of dwelling in a stereotypical society 


I could be your choice to love, to hate,

I could be your voice or a voice to debate,

I could be someone from the same locality,

Or I could be an outlander in the city


We could have a thousand differences, 

Much more disparities,

When we discover eachother, 

Hoping to confront with just one similarity, 

That we are humans,

Since we all breathe, speak, smell, sense and see,

We are kindered beings


Preterming our polarities, 

When our eyes meet,

On a busy road or a deserted street,

I could be nothing but a human,

Greeting and gazing at someone who's nothing but a human to me

~Sasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NaPoWriMo Day-1

NaPoWriMo Day-2

Who's your "Human" book?