Who's your "Human" book?


I was cleaning my book shelf last night and I came across this notebook,  seemed unfamiliar, but familiar, maybe because it was old. It was my elder cousin sister's,  I saw her name on the index page, and it was dated back in 2008. I must've been 7 years old then, so I started flipping the pages over to see if I find any surprises, turns out the book didn't disappoint me. I mean what's better than rediscovering things kept in a book decades ago? It was filled with memories, the "good" ones. Maybe that's what we crave for everytime we want to make ourselves feel better. Coming back to the notebook, it was so pretty, with all the chocolate wrappers preserved, wrappers of the chocolates which don't even exist anymore, the wowies, milk treats, perks, bytes and all of those, I was just so overwhelmed by the sight of them. That's when it hit me, that whatever that's preserved in a book stays, for god knows how long, it's like a corroboration of the existence of something so worthy of being preserved. And even after decades when you want to look for it, you know its still there, in between those pages, that small space has all the little joys. It has words of the pages, the thing you preserved in whatsoever condition, and the memory, and it's the book which helps us to navigate it. The book just keeps this small space of joy away from all the disasters, keeps it safe, keeps the memories still fresh, for years. 
So my point is, why don't we find our own books, which could just hold all our pieces together, I'm obviously not asking you to put your face in between a book, that's lame. I'm talking about finding your own "human" book, which could hold all  of "your" pieces together. All you expect from them is to keep you safe from every unsuitable situation, by keeping themselves all fine. Even when you decide to disappear, you just know this place is constant, so you actually never get lost and when people come searching for you, they know exactly where you'd be lingering. Well some might even say that's just depending on someone else, it's just how you need your eyes to see, nose to smell or skin to feel, in short, a "human" book, could be anyone even you, who could keep you at your best, and you can't deny but it's also what you need, like a reason to still exist, no matter how long it takes. So who's your "Human" book? Who do you think is capable of keeping you at your best? 
~ Sasa

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NaPoWriMo Day-1

NaPoWriMo Day-2